Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Currently July 2015


Hi all!

Welcome to my first Currently!! I'm liking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade to join in on all the fun.


Listening to Brian Eno. If you haven't listened to him, you MUST! I discovered him when I used to go to this cosmetology school during college to get discounted facials and they would play his album in their spa area. Nice and tranquil and soothing. Mmmmm. His music takes me back to my happy place! 

My latest book I've read is All the Light We Cannot See. It's AMAZING! I will admit, I almost gave up on it since I found the beginning slow, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's set in occupied France during WWII and it's about a blind French girl, a German boy, and how their paths collide to ensure survival. Eeeeeeeek! Click below to read more about it.



Thinking about swim team tonight. I'm finally joining a swim team and I'm slightly freaking out. I'm hoping it works out so I can continue to do it to stay sane during the school year.

Ummmm is anyone else having school dreams? This girl is. EVERY NIGHT. Please, please, please stop!

I'm seriously needing to get longer shorts. In August, we do home visits in our new school shirts and the past two years I've been dumb enough to wear white pants. It is miserable in the Texas heat. This year, I'm not only getting my act together and buying shorts, but I'm keeping an eye on JCrew Factory's website for the moment their bermuda shorts go on sale. Holla!



And, I'll admit I'm amazing at scrolling through media, finding recipes, and being willing to try them out. I admittedly spend much more time on cooking blogs and cookbooks than I do teaching blogs. I think my Recipes bookmark has over a thousand recipes. That said, menu planning each week is not only a great stress relief for me, but also a lot of fun. #nerd

Thanks so much for reading!

If you have a chance, check out my latest flash freebie: Behavior Buttons! I love using these in the classroom to celebrate positive behavior and the big kids love showing them off. It'll go back to regular price this weekend. Please download and leave feedback!


3 comments:

  1. I haven't had any school dreams yet, but I am sure they are going to happen!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those lovely school dreams. Luckily I haven't had any yet, but they usually start about a week before we go back to school. So, they will be here soon. Hope yours stop soon so you can get some good sleep. Kristi Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used Andy from Parks and Rec to show your love for J. Crew. Too funny! Best show!! I'm a new follower. Found you on Hanging Around in Primary #littlefishteacherblogger. Hope it goes well as you prep for Back to School meetings in the next month or so. :)
    Laura K.
    Ms. Pretzel's 2nd Grade Bugs

    ReplyDelete