Sunday, July 5, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge Week 3: Make Your Masterpiece

Hi!

For this week's challenge, I picked something that I've wanted done for quite some time. Going into my third year of teaching (eeeek!), I wanted to get even better at building that solid foundation that first week of school with my students. I wanted something that could help me both get to know my students and start teaching expectations. 

I'm a huge believer in integrating even the tiniest bit of physical activity into learning, so it's no shock that I ADORE task cards. It only seemed natural to think of a way to morph my first-week-of-school goals with task cards.



TA-DA!

I'm so happy with the outcome.

I now have 24 task cards that ask my students various questions about themselves. Who lives at home with you? In which subject do you hope to feel more confident in? What is something non-school you really enjoy? What makes a good teacher?

And so on.

Their responses not only help me get a jump start on getting to know them (it takes a little longer since I have two classes, usually over 50 kids total) BUT it also gives me some insight to what needs I need to meet that year.

Doing this in task card form, as opposed to the same worksheet their parents receive (does anyone else enjoy seeing both the parents' AND the student's answers?), gives me an opportunity to get a jump start of teaching expectations. What do we do when task cards are around the room? What do we do for Scoot? How do we get clipboards? How do we set up a recording sheet? What do we do if we finish early? Where do we turn in our work? 

You get the picture. 

My teacher heart goes pitter patter thinking of the possibilities. 

And, as an added bonus, I get my first informal assessment of their writing. 

Win, win, WIN! 


Click the picture or HERE to visit these cards

Even better, this is FREE for the first 24 hours! Please, please, please download and leave feedback. Pretty please. :)

Happy Sunday, y'all! Feeling motivation to finish other projects. Woo!

1 comment:

  1. These are great! You did an awesome job! I like how they are in a cute card format, rather than a "worksheet." It's also a great way to for you to get to know the children. :) ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete