Friday, October 2, 2015

Happy October!

So excited to link up with Farley for another Currently!!


Listening:
Anyone else DVR SATC? I think I've watched at least 1 episode every weekday since I was a senior in high school. That's like sevenish years of dedication, y'all! It's totally how I unwind. 

Loving:
I had a tough week the other week and treated myself to this mug.

#retailtherapysolvesall


Yeah, I'm obsessed. Sarah's Etsy store is just gorgeous and I'm thrilled to say my sister, best friend, and I are taking her calligraphy class in November. #pumped

Thinking:
I need to be better about getting in the habit of swimming and doing yoga. The BF and I had a talk last night about how I can't let teaching consume me, ha! I felt great the few times I've committed to swimming or going to a yoga class after school, and my goal this week (even with conferences starting - eeeek!) is to get back to that.


(That one time that trying yoga at home failed. PS Let's be friends on Instagram! I post all about food and fifth grade.)
@misslsbusybees


Anyone else struggle with the balance? I totally miss the busy when it's summer, but during the school year it's hard for me to think of anything but school!

Wanting:
QUESO! Always. 
Luckily a wedding I'm in tomorrow night will have a fajita buffet and I'm looking forward to that. Like immense amounts. 

Needing:
Some football! The Longhorns have been playing horribly (#bitter) but my happy place is totally when football is on, candles are lit, and a crockpot is going. I just adore fall! Now if only some creative bug would bite me so I could do some creating during the games...

Boo-tiful
Totally after a pedicure! I'm pretty basic in that sense. 


12 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of fall, winter and cold, but I love, love LOVE me some football. Your dog is pretty adorable too. Make sure you find that balance and allow yourself time to destress before the job sucks the life out of you. It happens, I know. Have fun at the wedding and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally struggle with balance. It is an ongoing balancing act to try to do everything I want to do. I have had to let things go too because I was just getting overwhelmed. However, if you make it a priority it will come.

    Christina
    Hanging Around In Primary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughtful comment and advice! I'll keep the last sentence in mind. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with that coffee mug. I can't even handle it!

    I totally struggle with the balance, too. I feel like I am always "on" this time of year. It takes me a few months to get back into a good groove where I can leave it at school. It's extra hard this year, now that my little guy is running around so much!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! Thanks, Mandy! <3

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! Thanks, Mandy! <3

      Delete
  4. Balance is definitely important-it's important to take care of yourself! Good luck finding it!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on missing yoga. I love how much it relaxes me. Now swimming would only happen if they allowed wetsuits and floaties...:-o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the smell of something cooking in the crockpot! Totally agree with you, it's so hard to get work/life balance especially at this time of year - it always seems to be the busiest especially with the lead up to Christmas on its way!! Never heard of a fajita buffet - sounds fab!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that mug and have been eyeing her store for some time. I am jealous that you live close enough to be in her class. I am going to have to settle for one of her beautiful workbooks. :)

    So glad to have found your blog!

    Lynnea from Adventures of a Techie Bookworm

    ReplyDelete