Sunday, July 31, 2016

Teachers Who Cook: Go To Recipes


Hi y'all! 

Our last post in the #teacherswhocook series is alllllll about our go-to recipes. I'm so excited for this one! Although you'll see plenty of recipe ideas on my menu planning blog Burnt Orange Butter and Pinterest boards, there are a few recipes that I go to again and again. I mention several of these in my first post about meal planning, but listed below are quite a few I adore.

Main:
Teriyaki Skillet Meatballs (totally used premade meatballs)

Slow Cooker:
Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken (B slathers the roasted garlic on bread)
Chili (sub ground turkey, omit chipotle)
Carnitas (B's favorite meal EVER - make sure to broil at the end for crispy carnitas!)
Sticky Chicken Wings
Crockpot Lasagna (sometimes I sub jarred sauce #noshame)

Sides:
Green Apple Juice (I'll make a week's worth on Sunday)
Greek Feta Dip (will shamelessly eat for Meatless Monday)
Scalloped Potatoes (my family requests this for EVERY holiday - omit cornstarch!)
Drop Biscuits (MUST make with the roast)

Recipes I Freeze Half:
Slow Cooker Refried Beans (my MOST made recipe)
Best Ground Beef Tacos (I sub ground turkey)
Ham and Cheddar Waffles (perfect with soup)


I'd love to know some of your favorite, go-to recipes! And, thanks again for following along with our #teacherswhocook series. Be sure to tag your cooking adventures with #teacherswhocook on Instagram! I LOVE seeing all the cooking and recipe ideas! 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Haley! Gotta say I love this blog series! I was looking through your go-to-recipes last night and was inspired! Had zucchini & turkey & fresh tomatoes, so I put a spin on the zucchini turkey-burgers and made them into meatballs! So good! That and pasta with fresh sauce....DElish! Keep up the great posts~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious meal we had tonight. I added the broccoli and red pepper flakes,. It was just wonderful and enjoyed by my husband as well. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!! Techlazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m always looking for new recipes that help us cut back on the processed alternatives. Thanks for putting all of these in one place.UpdateLand

    ReplyDelete